The CAP has always supported the Cypriot farmer and the rural areas of the island. Each year, a number of measures are announced and addressed to both individuals (farmers and non-farmers) and local authorities.
The following bodies are responsible for the implementation of the CAP programs:
- Department of Agriculture, Rural Economics and Development Department (Farmer Support).
- Cyprus Agricultural Payments Organization (Farmer Support).
- Department of Forests (Forest Protection).
- Ministry of Interior / District Administrations (Rural Development Program for local authorities).
- Ministry of Energy, Commerce, Industry and Tourism (Tackling Climate Change).
All funding programs / measures are announced on the website of the Cyprus Agricultural Payments Organization.
National CAPO service line: 77771999
- •Study of supporting documents (application, action information, etc.)
- •Completion of the application
- •Verification of the application by the competent bodies
- •Approval of the action and information of the beneficiary
- •Financing and implementation of the action / project